A special issue of Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050).
This special issue would like to investigate whether eight years after the endorsement of the VGGT by the UN Committee on World Food Security, the integrated, multi-disciplinary, and country-driven VGGT implementation approach has contributed to sustainable improvements in tenure governance across national and sub-national country levels. In particular, but not limited to, addressing the following questions:
- whether policy, legal, and organisational frameworks related to tenure, and system-wide capacity enhancement efforts across people and organizations (SDGs 1-17), contributed to creating an enabling environment (SDG 16) to enhance a more secure, equitable future for those most jeopardized of being excluded (SDGs 5 and 10) from the effective access to, use of, and control over resources;
- whether the investment in multi-stakeholder partnerships (SDG 17) added to a greater transformative potential and sustainable impact on the ground;
- whether inclusive and integrated spatial planning and management (SDGs 5, 10, 13, 15, 17), respecting, protecting and safeguarding tenure rights and right holders, contributed to improved tenure governance at national and sub-national level;
- whether any lessons can be drawn for applicability towards more resilient and sustainable food systems (SDGs 1-17);
- whether any lessons can be learnt from a systematic analysis and/or monitoring of pathways of improved tenure governance, thereby enhancing our understanding and projection of future trajectories, especially in the context of climate change, biodiversity loss, land degradation, and emergencies (SDGs 1-17).
Theoretical explorations are encouraged, especially when having a case study component, as well as case studies from a quantitative, qualitative or multi-methodology perspective. Innovative and critical contributions are particularly welcome, as would original proposals, having a clear transformative potential with practical application on the ground.
More info on the link below :