MRLG seeks an experienced and motivated RAI adviser to join the MRLG project team.
The Mekong Region Land Governance (MRLG) Project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), with support from the Governments of Germany and Luxembourg, is jointly implemented by Land Equity International (LEI) and GRET – Professionals for Fair Development. The overarching goal of the MRLG project is to ensure that smallholder farmers in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Viet Nam (CLMV countries), especially those belonging to ethnic minorities, have secure and equitable access to and control over agricultural land, forest and fisheries. The Project aims to improve land governance policy and practice by engaging strategically at a sub-national, national and regional level, working through alliances of reform actors. Support shall be directed using evidence-based options for efficient and effective policy and practice change utilising the most appropriate dialogue channels across various influential stakeholder groups.
More information on www.mrlg.org
MRLG seeks a Responsible Agricultural Investment Adviser, based in the region and with frequent travels to CLMV countries, including to the regional office in Vientiane.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Deputy Team Leader within the Knowledge Management Unit and working closely with the Team Leader, the Responsible Agricultural Investment (RAI) Advisor is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of the project strategy related to promoting Responsible Agriculture Investments (RAI) in policy and practice. She/he will coordinate knowledge production together with the Deputy Team Leader on the topic of RAI.
These responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Strategic management and coordination of alliances and regional workstreams on RAI:
- Analyse RAI policy environment, challenges and opportunities for change at national and regional level;
- Coordinate regional activities together with partner organisations, including civil society, NGO, academia, government and private sector, manage and build alliance at regional level;
- Liaise and coordinate with partners of national level alliances.
- Manage the workstream strategic development, implementation and monitoring at regional and national levels; ensure the continuous relevance of the strategy and activities;
- Provide technical support to all alliances relating to RAI;
- Liaise with regional/ global coalitions and reform actors working on the theme;
- Knowledge management and capacity building on RAI and related themes:
- Identify, collect, synthesize and disseminate relevant existing material and information amongst reform actors;
- Act as the editorial lead for MRLG knowledge products related to RAI:
- Support the production of focused studies and evidence-based, policy relevant knowledge, ensure the quality of the final product and its dissemination;
- Lead the production of learning materials based on the lessons learned in project-led activities and by alliance partners;
- Including research design and co-ordination, technical backstopping, quality control (peer-review and publication) and dissemination of knowledge.
- Provide capacity building to the MRLG team and partners on topics related to RAI based on needs.
- Support the organisation of regional events for exchanges between national stakeholders on RAI and other seminars/ learning exchanges/ capacity development activities;
- Develop and manage regional partnerships with academic institutions to support the long-term development of education opportunities in land governance and the promotion of land experts in the region;
- Support the Deputy Team Leader in the knowledge management activities in general
- General team contribution:
- Technical support to and training of MRLG staff on RAI;
- Promote a harmonious work environment within the team and the LEI and GRET values
Reporting and Administration Arrangements:
The Consultant will prepare a range of technical reports as and when required, and is required to report monthly, along with timesheets for approval.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Master’s degree in rural development and/or rural sociology and / or a related field.
- At least five years of work experience in rural development domain including at least three years in the land sector in the region is required.
- An excellent knowledge of both the subject matter and issues related to Responsible Agricultural Investment (preferably in the Mekong region) as well as work experience in relation to these issues is required.
- Specific academic experience in the land sector and/or agricultural investment is desirable.
- Some experience in conducting research should be desirable, with a preference for research in the region. As well as experience in coordinating and editing research documents.
- Experience in producing quality knowledge products.
- Experience of working with civil society organisations and government stakeholders is preferred.
- Excellent research, analytical and synthesis skills.
- Candidate must speak and write fluently in English.
- Knowledge of any of the four CMLV country languages/dialects is desirable.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office.
- He/she should be able to work independently, with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors.
|Contractor: GRET – Professionals for Fair Development www.gret.org
Start date: March 2020
Contract duration: 2.5 years
Location: In one of the country of the Mekong Region and/or MRLG Regional Office, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter that demonstrates they meet the responsibilities and qualification requirements, a CV and at least 2 referees contact details. Submit your application with attention to Antoine Deligne , firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than the 31st January 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.