Under the auspices of the Government of Kenya, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), International Land Coalition (ILC) Africa and Global Land Alliance, the first-ever Regional Land Data and Digitalization Conference will bring together key actors in Africa and beyond to share good practices in data technologies and digitalization for the land sector.
Discussions will be centred around the following thematic areas:
❖ Centrality of land data as an enabler for sustainable governance of land and resources including:
- robust land data collection and analysis for effective land use, securing land tenure, proper planning, and development while adopting/customizing good regional and global practices;
- closing gaps in land and natural resources data and knowledge generation;
- harmonized methodologies and tools for land data collection;
- promoting inclusivity in land governance (i.e., considering gender, youth & marginalized groups) through data; and
- partnership and collaboration in financing and building common platforms to access (open) data
❖ Digitization of land and resources records, processes and documentation including:
- digital transformation – good practices for efficient land governance;
- enhancing participatory and inclusive land governance by bridging the digital divide;
- promoting accountability and transparency through digital land administration; and
- harnessing the power of digital technologies in addressing climate change and restoration of biodiversity
Date : 6-8 December
More info and registration on the link below.