Land Portal Foundation, Landesa and the Columbia Centre on Sustainable Investment will co-host an interactive webinar on the role of indigenous communities in reducing climate change through sustainable land use practices. The webinar will feature an interactive discussion among expert panelists led by a facilitator, which will be followed by a question and answer session with webinar participants.
This webinar will explore the following questions:
- How do indigenous peoples’ traditional land use practices help to combat climate change?
- What threats to these practices exist, and what strategies can indigenous and local communities and their allies pursue to protect them?
- How are indigenous and local communities adapting to climate change? Are there any strategies and land governance practices that we can learn from and seek to replicate?
- What underlying land governance practices increase the ability of indigenous communities to face climate change?
Moderator: Sam Burke, Legal Researcher, Columbia Centre on Sustainable Investment
- Dr. Kanyinke Sena, Director, Indigenous People’s Major Group
- Margarita Astralaga, Director, IFAD Climate Division
- Janene Yazzi, Co-Founder and CEO, Sixth World Solutions
Register for the webinar :https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8321234142180496396